When Standard Tap opened its doors in December 1999, our goal was simple: to create a neighborhood tavern that featured great beer and wholesome food. With that in mind, we offer a draft-only beer selection that highlights the vast array of styles crafted by breweries located in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware. Our food menu both complements the beer and expands the notion of what pub food can be. We use only the best available produce, poultry, meats and seafood — much of it from area farms and local vendors – to create fresh, seasonal dishes.
Standard Tap will open its doors at 11 on Black Friday as a haven to all those trying to avoid (or prepare for) the hellish shopping holiday. We’ll be serving hot coffee, spicy Bloody Mary’s and farm fresh brunch till 3. We will donate a portion of the sales from Black Friday Brunch to the Northern Liberties Neighbor Association’s Operation Santa. Stop by the Tap for Black Friday Brunch!
Join us at the Tap this Halloween as we rage the night away with Yards Brewing Company. DJ Student Driver will be downstairs spinning Rip and Roll, horror scores and Boogaloo as we award prizes for costumes throughout the night. It’s Terror at the Tap!
Pumpkin Head is returns to Standard Tap! Starting at 4 p.m., the we will tap a huge variety of pumpkin beers, and for $10 you can get your very own hollowed out pumpkin from which to drink. After you’re finished your first pumpkin head, every refill from then on is only $2.50. Its time to get drunk out of your gourd!
It’s that time of year again, the days are getting a little cooler, nights are getting longer and the corner of 2nd and Poplar is illuminated by the playful glow of dancing neon sausages. Yes, SAUSAGE FEST is back at Standard Tap and this year’s celebration of cylindrical meat promises to be a great one. Our menu will be stuffed with all kinds of sausage plates from Bratwurst to Chorizo to Scotch Eggs and more. We will be pouring all manner of local festbier and German style drafts to complement your sausage feast! Make your reservation for SAUSAGE FEST here or on our Facebook page.
On Wednesday August 12, we’re excited to be the first to pour 2SP Brewing to Philadelphia! It will be your first opportunity to enjoy 8 brand new 2SP drafts! Bob, Ruby, and the folks from the brewery will be joining us downstairs to hang out and celebrate the debut of 2SP in Philadelphia. We’ll be pouring 2SP Delco Lager, ASAP Session IPA, Weiss Wit, Baby Bob American Stout, Coldcock IPA, Patina Saison, Bellcracker Double IPA and Origin the hoppy Saison collaboration with Evolution Brewing. See you on August 12 for the 2SP debut at the Tap!
Join us for Standard Tap’s third annual celebration of swine, PORK OF JULY! From Friday July 3th through Sunday July 5th our dinner and brunch menus will feature pork chops, bacon, ribs, belly and more. We plan to pour a nice variety of “BBQ friendly” drafts to complement our pork feast as well. Show your love with a Pork of July tee shirt! Happy PORK OF JULY!
- FRI 5/29 – HAMMER OF GLORY RELAY – Start your beer engines at 11am! Our kitchen and bar open early to fuel you for this year’s relay. Join the toast with a complimentary Sawtown Standard Lager – William Reed’s 8th annual collaboration with Sly Fox Brewery!
- SAT 5/30 – BULLFROG BRUNCH 11am – 3pm. Game dishes and brunch classics paired with Bullfrog Brewery’s sour, wild, & wood-aged beers.
- SUN 5/31 – BREWMASTERS’ BRUNCH – 11am – 3pm. John Stemler of Free Will Brewing Co. and Jef Janssens of Hof ten Dormaal produced this year’s PBW Belgian collaboration beer: Leuven on a Prayer. They’ll be on hand to pour this and other Free Will limited releases.
- MON 6/1 – PBW OYSTER CULT – 6 – 10 pm. Flights of beer paired with flights of oysters. PHILADELPHIA BREWING COMPANY ZINGO! – 9pm – 12am. Sponsored by PBC. Prizes, fresh local beer, and BINGO, Kenzo-style!
- TUES 6/2 – KINGPIN – 6pm until someone wins. 12 of your favorite local breweries compete to see whose pin will be the first to kick. The winner will be crowned KINGPIN!
- WED 6/3 – WEYERBACHER GOLF CLASSIC – 5 – 8pm. Wear your worst golf attire. Hit a little plastic ball into a little plastic cup. Win some swag from Weyerbacher.
- THU 6/4 – FLYING FISH HAPPY HOUR – 5 – 7pm. Featuring Flying Fish Brewery beers paired with Birchrun Hills Farm cheeses.
- FRI 6/5 – BEST OF BEER WEEK – all day. Our favorite limited releases, collaboration beers, & one-offs of Philly Beer Week tapped for a SUPER MEGA draft list.
- SAT 6/6 – SOUR BRUNCH -11am – 3pm.
Is it TOO MUCH to ask of you, just this one time, to drag yourself over to the Standard Tap for PUBLETTERS, and get a beer and write a nice letter to Mom? You know Mothers’ Day is Sunday the 10th, right? You did know that, didn’t you? It’s FREE, and they bring all the stamps and the stationery and everything, they’ll even lend you a pen. You can drink your Mister Yard’s beer with one hand and that leaves you the other hand to write a letter which I know you can do, you have beautiful handwriting. It would mean a lot to her. That’s all I have to say about it.